• In addition to the University’s Disability & Dyslexia Team and the Student Wellbeing Team you can discuss any mental health concerns with your GP in the first instance.
  • In an emergency please ring 111 for an ambulance or go to your local A and E department .
  • The Samaritans can be called on 116 123. Their service is free and open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  • National Domestic Violence Helpline : If you are a woman who is experiencing domestic violence please call 0808 2000 247.

Other external agencies/charities that you may find useful include

Alcohol Concern : Supporting anyone with alcohol related concerns.

b-Eat : Charity offering help, treatment and training on how to tackle eating disorders.

Cruse Bereavement Care : For anybody who experienced bereavement.

DASL : Drug and alcohol abuse support.

GamCare : For anyone who experiences problems with gambling.

The Listening Place : For anybody who feels that there life if no longer worth living for.

Mind : Mental health charity that provide advice and support for anybody experiencing a mental health problem.

One in Four : For people who have experienced sexual abuse and trauma.

Pink Therapy : Largest London charity working with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and others who identify as being gender or sexual diversities.


Students Against Depression : Supporting students who experience depression.


There are two ways you can tell us what happened