In addition to the University’s Disability & Dyslexia Team and the Student Wellbeing Team you can discuss any mental health concerns with your GP (doctor) in the first instance.

A digital mental health and wellbeing service providing 24/7 access to safe, anonymous online support mediated by counsellors 365 days a year. You can make use of a range of art and writing therapies, psycho-educational materials, self-assessment tools, groups and peer support.

In an emergency please ring 111 for an ambulance or go to your  local A and E department .

The Samaritans can be called on 116 123. Their service is free and open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Refuge's National Domestic Violence Helpline: If you are a woman who is experiencing domestic violence please call 0808 2000 247.

Other external agencies/charities that you may find useful include

Alcohol Change 
Supporting anyone with alcohol related concerns.

Charity offering help, treatment and training on how to tackle eating disorders.

Cruse Bereavement Care
For anybody who experienced bereavement.

Drug and alcohol abuse support.

For anyone who experiences problems with gambling.

The Listening Place
For anybody who feels that there life if no longer worth living for.

Mental health charity that provide advice and support for anybody experiencing a mental health problem.

One in Four
For people who have experienced sexual abuse and trauma.

Pink Therapy
Largest London charity working with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and others who identify as being gender or sexual diversities.

 Students Against Depression 
Supporting students who experience depression.


There are two ways you can tell us what happened