If you think you have been sexually assaulted, it may be hard to know what to do or how to feel. What happened was not your fault. What you do next is your choice.

  • Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999.
  • Finding a safe space. If possible, try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are on campus you can call security on:
  • 0208 223 5599 (Docklands)
  • 0208 223 4073 (Stratford)
  • 0208 223 7888 (USS)


  • To a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.
  • UEL Sexual Violence Liaison Officers (SVLO). Our SVLO's are specifically trained and available for advice and guidance on further support options and for ongoing wellbeing support for students. Appointments can be booked through the Student Wellbeing Team by contacting wellbeing@uel.ac.uk
  • SU Advice Team. The Students' Union provides a confidential, non-judgemental and free service available to all UEL Students. The Students’ Union is independent from the university. The advice team provides specialist advice and support on academic issues such as concerns about your university experience, formal complaints and appeals, disciplinary hearings and academic misconduct investigations.
  • You can speak to your manager, HR or the Employee Assistance Programme. Reports will be taken seriously and where appropriate action will be taken.



  • Students and staff can report an incident using the Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support by filling in the form with your contact details.
  • If you experience sexual harassment on public transport, you can report to TFL directly.
  • University Procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University against a student or a member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow

There are two ways you can report something